CityVilleBot (Project DEVIL)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Try LilyCity HD, it's a real cityville clone
Sending Gifts - Settings Won't save when inventory has too many items. EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 1:52 pm by ertyanna

» expansions cityville hack new 12/12/15
Sending Gifts - Settings Won't save when inventory has too many items. EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 9:52 pm by nico

» Biohazard Problem Expansion
Sending Gifts - Settings Won't save when inventory has too many items. EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 3:12 pm by CV FO LIFE

» CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?
Sending Gifts - Settings Won't save when inventory has too many items. EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 3:09 pm by CV FO LIFE

» hello friends i have new update of cv bot project devil 1.10 update (2.01)
Sending Gifts - Settings Won't save when inventory has too many items. EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 12:59 pm by Blue Angel

» [Resolved] codebase-php Error
Sending Gifts - Settings Won't save when inventory has too many items. EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 7:22 am by nico

» -_- Which bot is now working ????
Sending Gifts - Settings Won't save when inventory has too many items. EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 7:06 pm by lobobpf6

» bot 1.2 does nt work
Sending Gifts - Settings Won't save when inventory has too many items. EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 1:00 am by nathaliafariass

» COMO FUNCIONA
Sending Gifts - Settings Won't save when inventory has too many items. EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 12:38 am by nathaliafariass

Affiliates
free forum

Sending Gifts - Settings Won't save when inventory has too many items.

4 posters

Go down

Sending Gifts - Settings Won't save when inventory has too many items. Empty Sending Gifts - Settings Won't save when inventory has too many items.

Post  encryptedbytes Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:11 pm

Thanks for picking up the Cityville Bot project and running with it. It's great to see someone who has the skills needed actively working on the project. It's a shame Allbots put all your updates into their latest release without giving you credit! Anyway, here's the issues I'd like to let you know about:

In Multi > General > Inventory Sending Gifts the settings won't save if there are too many items in the inventory. I'm not sure if it is caused by the total number of items or the number of unique items, but going into the game and deleting some stuff manually allows it to work again as long as you delete enough. When you get around to working on Sending Gifts, please take a look at this. I am willing to help test this if needed. EDIT: This isn't a new problem - it has been around for some time.

Also in Sending Gifts... please change "select * from inventory" to "select * from inventory order by item" so that the list is alphabetized. it makes finding an item much easier because all the bus_*, deco_*, material_*, res_*, and others are grouped together.

encryptedbytes

Back to top Go down

Sending Gifts - Settings Won't save when inventory has too many items. Empty Re: Sending Gifts - Settings Won't save when inventory has too many items.

Post  Admin Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:35 pm

encryptedbytes wrote:Thanks for picking up the Cityville Bot project and running with it. It's great to see someone who has the skills needed actively working on the project. It's a shame Allbots put all your updates into their latest release without giving you credit! Anyway, here's the issues I'd like to let you know about:

In Multi > General > Inventory Sending Gifts the settings won't save if there are too many items in the inventory. I'm not sure if it is caused by the total number of items or the number of unique items, but going into the game and deleting some stuff manually allows it to work again as long as you delete enough. When you get around to working on Sending Gifts, please take a look at this. I am willing to help test this if needed. EDIT: This isn't a new problem - it has been around for some time.
well.. i have like 1900+ items on my inventory in couple accounts.. i have not noticed this bug/error at all so far... but i will be checking it.. thx

encryptedbytes wrote:
Also in Sending Gifts... please change "select * from inventory" to "select * from inventory order by item" so that the list is alphabetized. it makes finding an item much easier because all the bus_*, deco_*, material_*, res_*, and others are grouped together.
yeah.. i did put the Icons for the items but i forgot the sort function.. will be doing on nexts updates =]

Admin
Admin

http://cityvillebot.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Sending Gifts - Settings Won't save when inventory has too many items. Empty Re: Sending Gifts - Settings Won't save when inventory has too many items.

Post  encryptedbytes Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:18 am

Admin wrote:
encryptedbytes wrote:Thanks for picking up the Cityville Bot project and running with it. It's great to see someone who has the skills needed actively working on the project. It's a shame Allbots put all your updates into their latest release without giving you credit! Anyway, here's the issues I'd like to let you know about:

well.. i have like 1900+ items on my inventory in couple accounts.. i have not noticed this bug/error at all so far... but i will be checking it.. thx
I suspect the problem has more to do with the number of different items than the total number of items. For example, 1900+ total items may not encounter the problem, but 1 each of 500 different items (only 500 total items) most certainly will.

Admin wrote:
encryptedbytes wrote:
yeah.. i did put the Icons for the items but i forgot the sort function.. will be doing on nexts updates =]
Adding the icons here was a great idea. It makes it much easier to tell what an item actually is. I know you're already occupied with many tasks but if you're interested in another... It would be nice to have both the internal item name (bus_tuxrental) as well as the user friendly name (Tuxedo Rantal). Being able to sort by either name would be pretty cool too!

Anyway, great work so far. Your efforts are greatly appreciated!

encryptedbytes

Back to top Go down

Post  encryptedbytes Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:57 pm

I have a second account that is loaded up with 448 different items (of varying quantities) and the Sending Gifts settings will not save. I'm going to try removing items a few at a time and checking to see if the setting swill save. Hopefully I'll be able to tell you at what point (approximately) the settings go from saving to not saving.

encryptedbytes

Back to top Go down

Post  encryptedbytes Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:34 pm

I've gotten this account's inventory down to 403 different items (1420 total), but settings still won't save yet. On my regular account I have 259 unique items (662 total) and settings save correctly. So, the limit of unique items seems to be somewhere between 259 and 403 unique items. I'll do some more testing later and see if I can narrow it down further.

On a side note, I suspect the reason this happens is that the SQL query that updates the Sending Gifts settings gets too long with too many different items. Is there a known limitation to the query length in the database used in the bot?

encryptedbytes

Back to top Go down

Post  blabla Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:44 pm

i have the same problem, but how do you count the "single" items? Very Happy i hope don't manually :p

blabla

Back to top Go down

Post  encryptedbytes Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:38 pm

I copy the list in Multi > General > Inventory Overview and paste it into a text editor that numbers the lines. There's probably a better way to do it, but it's quick and gets the job done.

At 352 unique items (870) settings can be saved. At 397 (1374) settings do not save. So... the limit appears to between 352 and 397 unique items.

encryptedbytes

Back to top Go down

Post  blabla Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:10 pm

i'm at 374 unique items and i cannot save Razz

blabla

Back to top Go down

Sending Gifts - Settings Won't save when inventory has too many items. Empty thank you

Post  julio Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:21 pm

this was driving me crazi.
After reading you post it helpped me to undestand better what was happining to my account.
I said account because DEVILBOT is working fine with my dummy account 8 0f them.
i deleted some items from the inventory and now i`m down to 319 unique,total 1677 and bot is working again. I`m able to save my setings and the gifts get sent, but i get some errors. like this:
Gift result: material_trophy Error
Error log enabled.
Gift: material_trophy Have:1 Keep:0
Gift result: material_trophy Error
Error log enabled.
Gift: material_trophy Have:2 Keep:0
Gift result: material_sportsjersey Error
Error log enabled.
Gift: material_sportsjersey Have:1 Keep:0
Error log enabled.
Gift: material_sportsjersey Have:2 Keep:0
Error log enabled.
Gift: material_sportsjersey Have:3 Keep:0
Error log enabled.
Gift: material_sportsjersey Have:4 Keep:0
Gift result: material_pencil_sharpener Error
Error log enabled.
Checking Inventory to send Items to others.
Send gift: Error log disabled.
Inventory: energy_3 No action set. Skipping this item.
Multi help starting
Wish List: currently 0 items on the wish list.
Updating Wish List
Multi trade-in collections Not enabled.
and the error log is not inside the tmp directory, i only found one folder in there the lang_log .
one more thing every time i click on the send gift tab it takes almost 25 second to open that is normal.
thank you guys. i love this program.

julio

Back to top Go down

Post  encryptedbytes Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:49 pm

Julio - Glad to hear the information here helped you figure out the problem you were having Smile I also get the error you see in you log, but I think this is normal for the plugin as even though it says "error" my items have been getting sent or deleted as they should.

encryptedbytes

Back to top Go down

Sending Gifts - Settings Won't save when inventory has too many items. Empty is there a way to delete colections items

Post  julio Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:45 pm

Hi encryptedbytes, i was wondering if there is a way to delete the collections items on my account.
i have some old colections images that is not completed and that i finished the goal long time ago,
and some how now that my inventory number of unique items is about 280, the bot don`t want to save my settings.
i traded my colections last night and soved the problem temporary. now bot is not saving again.
please any sugestions will be welcome.
thank you

julio

Back to top Go down

Post  encryptedbytes Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:07 pm

Juan - As far as I know, the only ways to get rid of collection items are to trade in complete collections or give them to neighbors on the Cityville Neighbors page. Giving collection items to neighbors only works if you have a neighbor who has the item on their wishlist. If you quickly click multiple times, you should be able to send more than one time. Once the neighbor receives the collection item it will be removed from their wishlist and you won't be able to send them any more until they put the item back on their list.

However... as far as I know, collection items do not count towards your inventory count and should not affect your ability to save settings in the Sending Gifts plugin. In a year of playing Cityville, I've never cleared my collection items and don't have a problem saving settings unless I have too many unique inventory items. If you are unable to save settings in the Sending Gifts plugin, I think the problem is something other than having too many collection items. With only 280 unique inventory items you shouldn't have any problem saving. I'm not sure what else the problem could be...

encryptedbytes

Back to top Go down

Sending Gifts - Settings Won't save when inventory has too many items. Empty one more time thank you

Post  julio Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:36 pm

you are right, just traded a collection and the number on the inventory did not change, thought that collections items was counted in the inventory. i just did a clean install o DevilBot, and it running fine with 330 unique item on the inventory.
thank you for your help, did apreciated.

julio

Back to top Go down

Post  encryptedbytes Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:57 am

Cool, glad to hear it's working again Smile

encryptedbytes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down